Sunday, March 11, 2012

Another great weekend!

This weekend was another great one. Paul and I are truly blessed to have such great friends and family that support us and love us even though we have moved so far away. We went back into Covington for a baby shower/diaper party honoring some really great friends of ours. We got into town Friday night. The mom-to-be's shower was Saturday at 2. I rode with another great friend there and got to do some much needed catching up. I have to say, the glowing mommy really racked up. She is having a girl, and I swear she got the cutest things. Afterwards, they had a diaper party honoring the dad-to-be for all the guys. I stopped by there for a bit to catch up with the guys but headed back to my mom's around seven to spend some time with my favorite niece and nephew! They knew Kaleb was coming to town so they wanted to have a sleepover at Nana's house. I have to say it was SO much fun but SO exhausting watching the three of them play together! It makes me really sad to know that we live so far and can't have these play dates more often but I know that by staying in MS, we are doing what is best for the three of us. I have a picture that I took that just sums up the night. I call it 'the three cowboy musketeers!'
It was a bittersweet weekend on Sunday. It is always hard leaving mom and dad's with kaleb crying in the back seat. But, Walt and Laurin are getting to come down here in a few weeks for Kaleb's birthday party and we couldn't be more excited!
Kaleb didn't take a nap today so he has passed out in the rocking chair with me while I am typing this up. I cherish these moments so much, knowing that it won't be too long until he doesn't let me rock him anymore! Can you say 'Spoiled?!'

No comments:

Post a Comment