Monday, October 3, 2011

10 years down...

So, today is one of those anniversary's you kind of lose track of over the years, but my wonderful husband seems to remember it every year. On this day, October 3, 2001, Paul and I officially started dating. (although my parents will not recall it beginning till a few months later! shhh!) You see, I was only 16 years old (awful close to 17 if you asked me at the time) and Paul was 21. A definite no-no in any parent's book. It didn't help that he was my brother's age. But, Paul was polite and respectful of my parents and family. He won them over quickly. We have went through high school, college, optometry school, having a baby while in school, and moving 250 miles away from the nearest family member. Needless to say, it has been crazy. He has helped me come out of my shell, push me to become the woman I wanted to be, not the one everyone thought I should be. And me, well, let's just say I tamed the dragon! I taught him that not everything had to be taken so seriously, or with aggression. That it's ok to turn the other cheek at times. We balance each other out completely. We have made SO many friends along the way, each of which has helped us in getting where we are today. We reminisce about the fun/stupid/crazy times we have had over the years. It is a little bitter sweet to know that most of those crazy times are in the past, but that's part of growing up and becoming more than just husband and wife, but mom and dad! Because on March 29, 2009, our world opened up! We saw what true, undying, everlasting, 'throw yourself in front of a moving train if you have to' love was all about. It has been one big juggling act ever since (did you know kids do not come with a instruction manual!), but one of those things where you couldn't imagine your life any different!

So, Paul, our first 10 years were the most incredible, mind-blowing, ten years of my life. I was so lucky to have met you (and gotten you that bottle of coke you asked for! ha). We have been through a lot of highs (graduation, wedding, Kaleb, graduation again) and lots of lows (losing my PawPaw, Aunt Sally, Chad, your MawMaw and your PawPaw). I couldn't imagine spending the last 10 years with anybody else by my side, and look forward to spending the rest of my life with you! You and Kaleb are what mean the most to me in this world. We are going to have our ups and downs, as with any good relationship, but our ability to work through anything is what is going to make us one of the few couples that really makes it to the end. I looked you in the eyes on August 13, 2005, and promised to love you, sick, healthy, rich, poor, it doesn't matter. I'm here with you as long as we both shall live!

I have included a few pictures from over the years. I have tried to put them in order as best I can. Enjoy!
This one is our first Teen Club Dance we went to together. It was December 2001.
This one is from May 2003, right after my HS graduation. For my senior trip, Paul took me to Orlando.
This one is Nov 2003. We went to Knoxville, TN for Homecoming to see the Vols play and too see my sister who was a freshman there.
This one is in May 2004. We decided to take a romantic vacation to Gatlinburg. Stayed in a cabin in the mountains!
August 13, 2005, I was one of the lucky ones that got to marry the person they are meant to spend the rest of their life with!
New Years/January 2008. We went to Copper Mountain, Colorado with my sister. Paul's first time to see the Rocky Mountains. He loved it as much as me!
Feb 2008. SCO's EyeBall semi-formal event
The day our lives changed forever. March 29, 2009. We became parents to Kaleb Wade Rasmussen.
When Kaleb was only a few weeks old, we had the same photographers that did our wedding do a photo shoot with us and Kaleb. Beautiful!
December 2010. Party with our Covington friends that we miss so much!
March 2011. Our first cruise!
Our most recent family photo at my sister's wedding. September 17, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment