Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh what a beautiful day!

This weekend, our weather was absolute heaven. Highs in the mid-60's with a slight wind. We decided to take advantage and took Kaleb to the park after our Saturday morning workout at the gym. He has gotten a lot better with being dropped of at the Kid's center at the gym. They have lots of toys and some computers he can play on so he is happy. We had so much fun at the playground. He was very active and wanted me to slide with him. I had Paul video us because I thought it was hilarious. See for yourself!

We also got invited to my sister's house for a cookout last night. I asked what they were cooking and she informed me that they were grilling the elk that Chad had killed in Colorado. Ummmm.... OK. Having never eaten elk before, and not being a big fan of deer meat, I asked my sister what it tasted like. She told me not to worry, that it was delicious and tasted like beef. Little did I know, but she had never had elk before either! Sneaky, sneaky that woman! =) But luckily, she was right. It was very good. That had marinated it for over 20 hours, so there was not the gamey taste that I was expecting. Another reason we love going over my sister's is to visit my 'nephew' of the four legged kind. Kaleb absolutely LOVES Denver and I like to think that he loves him back just as much. We don't have a dog (not for lack of trying on my part), so I get my dog fix with Denver. He is the sweetest thing and Kaleb is hilarious playing with him. He will throw the toy, then start yelling really loud and really fast "Get it, Get it, Get it!!!" And Denver (or Bubba as Kaleb so lovingly calls him) will go get it and bring it right back, dropping it at Kaleb's feet. This is something he will not do for anyone else. If we throw something, don't expect to get it back because he will take it to Kaleb everytime!
That pretty much sums up our weekend. Sunday was another pretty day so we did something we love doing on lazy Sundays. We spent the day riding around in the car, going into Open Houses in the area. We love looking at new houses, gathering ideas of the future house we will someday build and grow old together in!

No comments:

Post a Comment