Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

I love holidays, especially the ones that give me a reason to spend some quality time with my family. So with Halloween right around the corner, I started on my quest to find Kaleb the perfect costume. My son is not your normal, everyday 2 year old boy. He is not into super heros or transformers or toy story. He likes anything on Disney Jr or Nick Jr, especially Dora and Diego. But you can't very well dress your blonde haired boy up like a little mexican girl and not have everyone staring at you (plus Paul would NEVER have allowed it! lol). While searching the internet one day, I happened across the cutest Chuggington costume. I thought it was perfect seeing that Kaleb loves the show and trains. WRONG! I tricked him into putting it on just long enough to get this picture before he threw a tantrum:
Thats me to the left trying to get out of the picture! I mean, how adorable is he?!

So the moment of truth came list night. (I have seriously been practicing the knocking on doors and saying trick or treat since last year when he would not have anything to do with it!) It was 6 o'clock, I had set out our candy for the neighborhood kids (the "take only one" rule does not apply at our house. I don't care how much you take as long as there is none left when we get back!) Kaleb was outside riding his tractor around the driveway when kids started showing up and trick-or-treating. I had tried 3 times to get Kaleb to put on the costume with no luck. He was not having anything to do with it. So, after a quick heart-to-heart and an explanation that he would get candy if he went walking with mommy and daddy, he let me put on the back-up costume and off we went. He was SO cute. He did so well. We would ask him which way he wanted to go and kept explaining that the light had to be on in order to go knock on the door, but he was having a great time. My mom had given him a goody bag when we were in town a couple weekends ago, so I decided that he could use that as his bucket. I didn't realize how big it was until he took off down the street with it. Paul kept offering to hold it for him, but he had a death grip on it and needed no help! The most precious thing I have ever seen was the first house we came to that had a bucket outside to help yourself. I told Kaleb to reach in and get some candy. I watched and laughed as he picked up one little starburst, put it in his bag, said "thank you" and walked off! SO STINKING ADORABLE! We made it back to the house around 7:30 (the temperature dropped really quickly when the sun went down), Kaleb got in the shower with Paul, Mommy hid all the candy, and he actually went to bed at a descent time, and slept relatively good. After much ado about nothing, it was a wonderful Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment