Tuesday, November 22, 2011

UT Game and Random Pics

So, this past weekend, Paul and I got to go to Knoxville, TN and see the UT Vols get their first SEC Conference win. Mind you, it was only Vanderbilt, but it turned out to be a great game. I have been planning this trip for a few months now. Mom and Dad graciously offered to keep Kaleb so I got everything planned out. I found FRONT ROW 50 YARD LINE tickets online and bought them. Then booked a hotel room closest to the stadium so we wouldn't have to drive in the chaos that is Knoxville, TN after a football game. We have made that mistake way too many times in the past. Believe me, it is worth the extra $50 per night! I took Friday afternoon off of work and we headed up for what was supposed to be a 7 hours drive to God's country. Ten and a half hours later (construction traffic), we finally made it to our hotel. We had every intention of going out on the town but ended up crashing, promising ourselves we would take advantage tomorrow. The game wasn't until 7:00 pm so we decided to just walk around and not do much of anything. If you have never been to Knoxville, it is a hilly (no, mountainous) city. We walked probably over 7 miles, but it felt like 50! My calves are still aching! We ended up buying lots of TN stuff since there is NO VOLS gear down here in MS. We walked Cumberland 4 times and the made our way down to Volunteer landing then back up to the Market square area where we found a bar and decided to sit, drink, and watch football. Around 4:00, our friend Wooty called and said they had made it to town and we met them back over at a place on Cumberland. After chatting for a few hours, we left there, walked over to Fraternity Row and made our way to the stadium in time to see the team run through the T. Our seats were great, for a one time experience, but horrible for actually watching the game. I forget the players are all over 6 foot tall, so it was pretty much impossible to see the running plays. FYI: Buy Row U, seats 1-2, but about row 5-10! That would have been perfect! Next time, next time... Below are a few picture from the game and one video from the end of the game when I got them soaking Coach Dooley with gatorade! After the game, we were so exhausted from all the walking and the excitement of the game, we went back to the hotel bar, ate a little something, chatted with Wooty again, then headed back up to the room! We are just too exciting for everyone to keep up with, I know... =) We made our way back home on Sunday, luckily only taking 8 hours this time. But I did ask Paul to stop for lunch at one of my favorite places, The Cheesecake Factory in Birmingham. We don't have one in MS or in Memphis, so when there is one on the way anywhere we might be going, I try to take advantage! It was so good we didn't even eat supper Sunday night!
This is Paul's favorite place in the whole world!

FEAR THE PANTS!


Mom and Dad were so great and took Kaleb back to Covington with them, to spend some time with him until we get there Wed for Thanksgiving, while also giving Paul and I some much needed Mommy/Daddy time. Last night, we actually took advantage of no children, and ate at a local sushi restaurant before heading to see the latest Twilight movie. I was actually a pretty good movie, but I really need to read the book to figure out what is going to happen in the second part.

I have also added some pictures that has been sitting in my camera for the last few weeks. I have a few videos I wanted to load but am having trouble. Will upload them later. Enjoy!
I have no idea when he started this but he likes to stand up while riding now!

And loves to watch the tires as he drives. I used to be a nervous wreck watching him but now its just funny!

Kaleb's "Cheese" face. I practiced so many times to get him to do this for our family pictures, but of course he wouldn't when time came. This was after we got home from taking them!

Yum... SunChips!

Helping Daddy clean the windows. My little man is definitely his daddy's boy... he LOVES to clean windows, vacuum,  clean up spills he probably caused... Most of the time he just makes things messier, but he loves it so we let him help and then finish it later!


Kaleb and Pop watching "Toys"


No comments:

Post a Comment