Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jump, Jump, Jump!

Saturday, Kaleb was invited to a birthday party for a girl, Rylie, in his daycare class. If you read the previous post, you know that I took Kaleb to the party while Paul attempted to put together Kaleb's train table he got from his Nana and Pop for Christmas. The party was being held at a local establishment called Jump Zone (think smaller Pump-It-Up). It was really fun getting to see Kaleb play with all his little friends from school. They are all so adorable. Kaleb was a little hesitant at first, but he got over it quickly. He really loved the little obstacle course they had. He got to climb over, under, and through all kinds of things. He wasn't really into the slides, big or small, so that was good for me seeing I would have had to help him to the top of it! There were only a few bumped heads, nothing a little kiss from Mommy couldn't heal.
I got to meet a lot of the moms and dads too, which was nice. I realized I might have the anti-social kid in the class though. Everyone kept asking kids names, trying to put faces to the names that their children talk about everyday after school. I kept nodding and smiling like I was right there with them, but to be honest, Kaleb NEVER mentions any kids from daycare. Except Brooks, our neighbor, but that is only if he sees him across the street and wants to play with his toys. If I ask him about his day, or mention any of the kids from his class, he just goes "No Mommy. Bye, School!". I'm pretty sure he thinks if he mentions any of the kids, that means he is going to school. Oh my, Oh my. What do you do? I will ask him: "Kaleb, do you like Brooks, or Christian, or Breckin, or Temple, or Rylie?" and he just keeps saying "Nope". But I know he likes them, because I see him playing with them everyday when I pick him up. And the parents always say how much their kids talk about Kaleb.
Another way I know he likes them was watching him at the party. There was a little girl jumping in the castle and started yelling "Kate, Kate, Kate". I didn't understand him at first, but he ran into the castle to play with her and I asked the mom was her name was, and that's when it hit me that he was yelling her name! So cute! And he was obsessed with playing with Breckin and Christian and Rylie. He would follow them around. But there were still moments where I found him jumping by himself, which he seemed completely content with too.
It was a really great, fun party UNTIL.... it was time to open presents and eat cake! I mean, how do you tell a bunch of 2-3 year olds that they have to stop jumping in these awesome bounce houses, sit down to eat cake and watch a girl open presents that aren't theirs! EEK! Not good! Kaleb wanted nothing to do with the cupcake, the presents, or anything for that matter. He wanted to jump! So, after a bathroom conversation, we decided to wish Rylie "Happy Birthday", thank the mom and dad for inviting us, and head home. I was really hoping he would be worn out and fall asleep on the way home. I even rode around for an extra 15 minutes hoping for him to nod off, but he was having none of it. Every time I would peak at him in the rearview mirror, he would laugh and smile at me! So, I gave up, and we went home to his own bounce house and to ride on his tractor. That's when we found Paul attempting to put the train table together. It was really a beautiful day, so we soaked up as much sunshine as we could before the clouds rolled in that afternoon. All-in-all, it was a very fun and productive Saturday!
This is Kate.

This is Rylie, the birthday girl

My little Turkey

It is so hard to get a picture in focus with him bouncing around

Peek-a-boo

Pretty sure he was telling me to stop with the pictures in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment